DIMyself!

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

No Turning Back Now

This is the moment you've all been waiting for. Your whole lives have likely been leading right up to this point. The point in which you, soon-to-be very loyal reader, experience this blog for the very first time. Take a minute to drink it all in because you'll never feel this way again.

"Where were you when Anna's blog launched?" your grandchildren will likely ask you someday, when they are visiting you in the nursing home for some school report on the Olden Days. "What is an iPhone, Grandpa?" is something else they will likely ask you, just slightly before they laugh themselves silly at the idea that we used to hold small electronic devices up to our ears to talk to each other. Probably they will press the button implanted behind their ear to buzz their friends to tell them to get a load of it. They will not believe it. And you will chuckle quietly to yourself as you go back to your tapioca pudding. Because even in 60 years, old people will still be eating tapioca pudding. Old people are crazy, man.

But look around you, folks. This is where you are when Anna's blog launched. Are you sitting at a coffee shop on your iPad because you are an ultra trendy hipster type? Right... me either. You've probably never even heard of the kind of iPad I have anyway. Are you in the presence of your friends and/or family members and are neglecting them to be on the ground floor of the blog that will change our generation forever? (If that is the case, you are right to do so. In 10 years, they will understand. Wait it out.) Are you sitting at your desk with your mouse hovering above the minimize button so just in case anyone walks by you can switch immediately back to your safety spreadsheet? Are you in your car? (Look up, idiot, the light is green and that honking is about you.) Are you naked? (Pics or it didn't happen.) Where you are now is where you will be when you tell this story over and over and over and over again. I hope for your sake, you're not on the john. "Yes, kids, I just sat there quietly shitting while the world changed."

What can you expect from me? I am a 20-something lawyer-by-day, avid crafter, occasional musician, urban farmer, aspirational painter, amateur arts critic, general self-proclaimed expert on the art of making things up as you go and hoping it turns out okay.

What can you expect from this blog? What a great question. To it, I say this: Excellence.

6 comments:

  1. I sat there at my desk at precisely 5:40pm EST, beginning to craft my reply to the launch of the blog to end all blogs. No need to hover over the minimize icon, because I make my own rules between 5 and 9pm.

    Haters gonna hate.

    I had to ask myself, "When would the content stream begin to flow like a babbling brook of internet babbling?" Patience is a virtue, as well as the only Guns n Roses song I can sing without sounding like a total douche.

    I can hardly wait for the continued adventures of Anna, and to join in all the snark-a-long blogs that shall ensue from said adventures. Until then, random smartass signing off.

    Snarkography, engage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like in sixty years we'll be calling you nothing so casual as Anna. Instead you'll be something like the Right Honorable Most High Dame Anna of the Blogosphere, or something equally impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I already hate your blog, its so much prettier than mine. And whereas I labored over my template for HOURS, you probably whipped this up at your crafting table in 30 seconds, using nothing but a glue gun and some old toilet paper

    Its disgusting.

    (But seriously, it looks great, can't wait to see what it turns into.)

    ReplyDelete