DIMyself!

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Tutorial Tuesday: Fall Wreath

I would wish everyone a happy Fall, but let's get real, no one is happier than I am that it is fall!!! There's maybe 1.5% of me who is sad the vegetable gravy train is coming to an end but other than that, I am ALL ABOUT FALL.

Also this Fall, I have challenged myself to do one activity from my Pinterest "I Could Make That..." board seen here: http://pinterest.com/anna_girard/i-could-make-that/ each week.With 639 pins, I should have plenty to choose from.  The idea is that I can do these projects during while I watch Sunday football, and then blog about them on Tuesday!  But the road to Hell is paved with good intentions, and full disclosure, I am already a week behind.  And also this one was pretty simple and probably doesn't warrant a tutorial.  But hey, I'm trying.

So, ta da!


I didn't really have a direct inspiration for this one, but it's more of a conglomeration of wreaths I saw on Pinterest, and my neighbor's wreath which is clearly Pinterest inspired.  I do not have a picture of that because I feel like that'd be creepy and I already recently took a pallet from their garbage.  And some shelves. But this is pretty close: http://boutiqueginabeana.blogspot.com/2011/03/birthday-gift.html

 First, I gathered some supplies.  A grapevine wreath from Hobby Lobby for $4.99, Wooden Letter $3.49, small project can of spray paint in sun yellow which was $3.27 I think, and some various fabric remnants from the remnant shelf which is nerdily one of my favorite places in the world. 


Okay, here's the end result:


I spraypainted the letter yellow.  It was a bit more yellow yellow than I was anticipating but I liked it.  The fabric flowers I made following this fabulous tutorial: http://www.weddingwindow.com/blog/diy-fabric-flowers/ which I found by searching for "diy fabric flowers" on Pinterest!  Then I just hot glued everything to the grapevine wreath and suddenly it's Fall on my porch!  And also everywhere else.  Especially my heart.

Here's a sneak peek at next week's project, which is really last week's project so if you're my facebook friend and you've already seen the final result, don't tell anyone.  Snitches get stitches.  And I have a sewing machine.


P.S. Want to go on the Pinterest Fall Challenge either along with me or actually with me??  That'd be great!! I generally require accountability buddies to get things done.  Just let me know you're playing the home game.



1 comment:

  1. Love how you pulled it together. Also found this portion particularly hilarious: "I do not have a picture of that because I feel like that'd be creepy and I already recently took a pallet from their garbage. And some shelves."

    ReplyDelete